The Ashley Foundation staff are characterised by their compassion, integrity, professionalism and commitment. Our good reputation and the quality of our current services are due to the dedication of our staff.
Our staff come from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to equality and inclusion – the following sub-sections to have links to other pages:
Why Work for Us?
We’re looking for people with a positive attitude, consistently professional approach and who are passionate about doing their best for the most vulnerable in society. We actively encourage each member of staff to develop their skills, knowledge and experience to help us provide a high quality, innovative accommodation based service that seeks to meet the needs of the homeless men and women we support.
In return we can offer competitive salary with good terms and conditions. Working for us means you will:
- Enjoy progressive flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work and home life
- Have a wide range of opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Be part of an ethical organisation, driven by our values and commitment to our clients
- Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits that staff value
- Work within a culture of respect, diversity and inclusion
- Work with people who are as committed, positive and professional as you are
- Have a well-trained, supportive and empowering line manager who is there to coach you
- Be challenged by, recognised for and proud of the work you do
- Be part of a cooperative, creative team-based approach to work
- Be consulted on changes that affect you and have a real voice in how we do things at The Ashley Foundation
For most of our roles, strong core competences and transferable skills are more important than direct previous experience. We have a very strong commitment to employing people with lived experience of the services we provide.
We believe that our staff deserve a fair day’s pay for a hard day’s work. The Ashley Foundation is a member of The Living Wage Foundation https://www.livingwage.org.uk/
Staff Learning, Development and Training
We also think it is important to continue the improvement of not only our services but our staff. We provide the appropriate training and support for each employee and volunteer, which will enable them to develop professionally and to also gain job satisfaction from their role.
Both our staff and volunteers are offered a range of learning opportunities, from NVQ’s in Health and Social Care, Food Hygiene, Management and Leadership, Business Administration and IT, to both internal and external training courses dealing with drugs, alcohol and mental health issues and much more. Please click here to read our Learning & Development Statement.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a role with The Ashley Foundation. Please see the list of current vacancies by clicking here. We regularly post new opportunities, so make sure you check back regularly. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where new recruitment opportunities will appear.
If you need any assistance to complete your application, please email our recruitment team: [email protected]. Alternatively, please call 01253 297200 (within office hours).